- October 4, San Francisco, California: Digital Music San Francisco business networking event, in association with Billboard's Mobile Entertainment Live event (see below)
- October 5, San Francisco, California: Billboard Mobile Entertainment Live! The Music App Summit
- October 12, Sherman Oaks: The California Copyright Conference (The CCC) - The Future of the Music Industry: An Economic Update
- October 19, Beverly Hills, California: National Music Publishers' Association (NMPA) West Coast Receiption (RSVP deadline passed)
- October 21, West Hollywood, California: The Association of Independent Music Publishers (The AIMP) - Mock Negotiation with Donald Passman, Esq.
- October 23, Downtown Los Angeles: USC and the BHBA's 2010 Institute on Entertainment Law and Business
- October 27-28, Century City, California: The Hollywood Reporter, Billboard Film and TV Music Conference
- October 30 - Deadline to give audit notice if your objection period ends 30 days following the quarter end. Don't lose your rights - call me for help (310-882-6381).
Monday, September 20, 2010
Monday, September 28, 2009
I will discuss on October 13, 2009 Copyright Royalty Board actions and potential legislation at the California Copyright Conference's annual "Legal Update" panel.
My fellow panelists are some of the best in the West, so don't miss it:
KENNETH D. FREUNDLICH, ESQ., Freundlich Law
DINA LAPOLT, ESQ., LaPolt Law
MICHAEL PERLSTEIN, ESQ., Fishbach, Perlstein, Lieberman & Almond
PATRICK ROSS, Copyright Alliance
STEVEN WINOGRADSKY, ESQ., Winogradsky/Sobel
This event is usually a very well attended meeting, so please make your reservations early. One (1) hour of MCLE credit is available to California attorneys.
Register at the California Copyright Conference Web site or see more details pasted below:
Annual "LEGAL UPDATE" Panel
Tuesday, October 13, 2009
6:15 PM Check-In * 6:30 PM Cocktails * 7:00 PM Dinner
COURTYARD BY MARRIOTT, 15433 Ventura Blvd, Sherman Oaks, CA 91403 (Near Sepulveda & Ventura Blvd., just west of the 405 freeway)
Parking entrance on Orion Avenue
Free parking with validation.
Appetizer: California Mixed Green Salad Salad
Entrée: Chicken Marsala, Beef Stir-fry or Vegetarian Pasta
Dessert: Chef's Choice
CCC Members $40 per person / Non-members $50 per person
RESERVE YOUR SEAT NOW - RESERVATIONS ACCEPTED UNTIL
10:00 AM FRIDAY, Oct 9, 2009
Please help us make this an enjoyable experience for everyone by using the reservation system. A failure to reserve by the deadline may result in not receiving your preferred choice of dinner entree.
Register online with your credit card at www.theccc.org
Or use our voicemail system (818-379-3312)
Dinners payable at the door by cash or check only. No credit cards.
To join the California Copyright Conference or to renew your membership, please visit the website for more info: http://www.theccc.org/join.php