Below are the popular tweets from the Auditrix twitter feed, which focuses on music economics and royalties, during 2015 YTD:
- Duff McKagan on royalty audit of Geffen: "Well, they didn't pay us on something like 6 million records."
- YouTube Music Key Drew Criticism from Indies
- Apple spent up to $50 million for a music data company
- Swedish songwriters called for more clarity and fairness over digital royalty distribution
- Sly Stone testified in royalties lawsuit against his former manager and won
- Katy Perry's lawyers demanded takedown of 3D printable Left Shark and filed a trademark claim for Left Shark
- Federal District Courts "have been improperly applying a quantitative and not qualitative #copyright analysis... "
- Elvis Presley Turns 80: What Is the King's Legacy Worth?
- Sony's Lynton said: No Plans to Sell Music Publishing Business
- The Best Time to Release Your Album: A Month by Month Guide
- The U.S. Copyright Office Embraced Big Shake-Up to Music Licensing Regime
|Best Unfinished Twitter Conversation with Glenn Peoples @ Billboard and John Strohm @ Loeb
- Jas Prince Sued Birdman For Drake Royalties
- Tony Braxton's Ex-Husband Auctioned Off Royalties To Pay Back Child Support
- Kiplingers: Shouldn't Music Streaming Sites Pay Higher Royalties?
- Medium: Why Do All Records Sound the Same?