Years ago in "partner training," Jennifer Wilson of Convergence Coaching taught me how a values-based organization can provide meaning, empowerment, belonging and success to the next generation of professionals, as well as firm clients. See this clip of Wilson here, at the Journal of Accountancy.
Wilson's lessons have led my accounting practice to many successes. I can't recommend Convergence Coaching's services enough to all professional firms including law practices and CPA firms.
But this post is to share with potential new employees that which my current team at Boschan Corp. values, so that you can asses whether you see your values mirrored:
- Accountability - We work as a team to support one another in stretching to reach the highest standards possible and rewarding great results. These high standards garner our firm respect, to the benefit of clients.
- Appreciation - We regularly praise team members for their impressive accomplishments in reaching or setting standards, and we are always looking for innovative ways to show our profound appreciation for better execution and results. Please share your suggestions in the comments.
- Communication - Our success depends on courageous communication and we are committed to sharpening our communication skills continuously, from participating in Toastmasters to improving our client reports (a current challenge).
- Growth - Beyond our firm's sales growth, we make personal development a priority in our daily work schedules and benefits structure. If our people aren't cared for, strong and healthy, our firm won't be either.
- Profitability - We are implementing a profit sharing program this year. As Boschan Corp. performs better and better, it is due to the excellence of our fine team and they shall share in the rewards!
If you attended a great masters-level accounting program and "being the best" at what you do is important to you, please call Ms. Nguyen at Boschan Corp. at (424) 248-8866 to inquire about joining the team.