The top items I shared last week among my Linkedin and Twitter followers:
Buffy Sainte-Marie said #NO:
"Elvis just recorded your song and we want some of that publishing $, honey."
GameStop CEO: "what we are seeing is a tremendous amount of free giveaways on full game downloads ..."
|#Giveback: holiday shopping on YouHambo|
News from The Wall Street Journal:
- EU’s Planned Copyright Overhaul May Be Out of Time, But Not Out of Mind - Real Time Brussels
- Former Bertelsmann Chief Gets Three-Year Prison Sentence
- Cox Communications Sued by Music Publishers
***Litigation Update*** "...contracts will keep Run DMC's now-indigent lyricist in hot water over his lawsuit for royalties, a... judge ruled." - Courthouse News Service
Other Links of Interest:
- Apple Beats Music Vs. Spotify: What Apple could offer artists | BGR
- Best of Last Week - The Auditrix
- HBO Has Hired 160 Lawyers In Anticipation Of Its New Scientology Documentary - Business Insider
- How MERLIN's PANDOLA Deal Could Give Labels Access to Your Share of SoundExchange Royalties | The Trichordist
Fresh #Gifts: #Travel #Journey #Fair #Trade
- How Sega's Mega Drive Made Modern Gaming What It Is Today - VICE
- Study from Pandora Touts the 'Pandora Effect' on Music Sales | Billboard #promotionaleffect
- Warner Music Group Signs First-Ever Major Label Deal With SoundCloud - CIMA
- Xbox One/PS4 Significantly Outpacing Xbox 360/PS3 So Far, GameStop Says - GameSpot
# # #
For more music news, follow me @Auditrix. For interactive games and other IP royalty, business and litigation news, you should follow me @RoyaltyExpert.