Here are the top ten music industry highlights from our Auditrix twitter feed:
- Cheryl Hodgson moderated a fantastic panel discussion about brands and music at the California Copyright Conference:
Pictured L-R: Navine Karim - Legal Counsel, Red Bull Media House; Kyle Hermans - Brand Innovation, Gap Brands; Cheryl Hodgson - Music Attorney and Founder of Brandaide; Marshall Eskowitz - Marketing Executive, Creative Artist Agency
- By David Oxenford, who represents #broadcasters: Songwriter' Equity Act Reintroduced - What Does It Propose?
- Hollywood Reporter: We nominated our favorite power lawyers!
- Daily Mail Online: Jay-Z to pay Swiss jazz musician 50% of royalties after 'stealing' his instrumental for 'Versus'
- Fast Company: Spotify Unveils A Bold New Brand Identity
- New York Post: Spotify to spend $1B on renewal deal with Universal Music
- Billboard: 'Blurred Lines' Trial Verdict: Jury Rules Against Pharrell Williams & Robin Thicke
- Disruptive Competition Project: Transparency at the Intersection of Music Licensing and Antitrust
- Sonicbids: 5 Not-So-Obvious Revenue Streams for Musicians
- Digital Music News: 12 Reasons to Fire Your Bandmates