The following news items that I shared last week were the most popular on LinkedIn and Twitter:
- Free Webinar Next Wed.: Emerging Licensing Growth Areas for the Entertainment Industry http://buff.ly/1ovL2dq
- NY Job: Songs is looking for a Royalty and Copyright Coordinator http://buff.ly/UKBQuS
- Beats sues Chinese counterfeiters for billions as Apple sale nears completion http://buff.ly/1jDUccF
- "Labels are beholden to YouTube as a promotional channel. They have turned a blind eye to whether its ‘unique’ licensing status might be stealing the oxygen out of the streaming market for all those services which have to pay far more for their licenses." http://buff.ly/1nUTwhB
- On the music compensation situation...
- Los Angeles Calendar:
September 18, 2014 11:30 a.m. - 1:45 p.m.
BMI Executives Speak to the @AIMPorg LA Chapter http://bit.ly/1o15A2g
- AIMP : Jobs - Copyright/Licensing Coordinator / Wixen Music (LA) http://bit.ly/1kw8vjT
- "Three Overlooked Points to Consider When Negotiating an Audit Clause" http://bit.ly/1ook383
- A/B It: Miami "Musicians Garfield Baker and Byron Smith Sue For Sample Royalties From Cumbia Hit" | Miami New Times http://bit.ly/1ohl2H6